Be Heard at the LCB Public Hearings this November
The Liquor and Cannabis board is touring the state this November to take public comment on the proposed medical Cannabis regulation. They released this statement regarding the regulation. "The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) today adopted emergency rules and issued new draft rules to begin the public process of aligning the medical marijuana market with the existing recreational market. The Board’s actions are the result of 2015 legislation, the Cannabis Patient Protection Act, which established a priority system for licensing existing medical marijuana outlets. The emergency rules, which are effective immediately, allow the WSLCB to begin the process of licensing new retail outlets that may sell both medical and recreational marijuana. Existing recreational stores may also apply for an endorsement to sell both"
The schedule for the hearings are below. Show up and be heard.
- Nov. 3 Spokane (Spokane Convention Center)
- Nov. 4 Ellensburg (Central Washington University)
- Nov. 9 Vancouver (Clark College/Gaiser Student Center)
- Nov. 12 Tacoma (Best Western Hotel/Seahawk Room)
- Nov. 16 Seattle (Seattle City Hall/Bertha Knight Landis Room)
- Nov. 19 Everett (Everett Comm. College/Jackson Conference Center)