DOH Medical Marijuana Program Asks for Your Input
The following is a message from the Washington State Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program
"In his veto message for portions of SSB 5052, Governor Jay Inslee instructed the Department of Health to thoroughly consider the idea of re-scheduling or de-scheduling marijuana in consultation with medical professionals and stakeholders, and to present him and the Legislature with an appropriate resolution.
Currently marijuana is a Schedule 1 controlled substance under both state and federal law, meaning it is illegal and viewed as having no potential medical benefit. It could be changed to Schedule 2-5 or removed from scheduling altogether. However, this change would not affect marijuana's continued status as a Schedule 1 drug under federal law.
We would like to invite you to a meeting to learn more and offer input:
November 20, 2015 2 to 4 pm Educational Services District 113 6005 Tyee Drive SW Tumwater, WA 98512
If you cannot attend in person, you may join us through web conferencing by registering at GoTo Webinar:
- Click to start and join at the specified time and date: https://global.gotowebinar.com/ojoin/1080736737526728193/200000000000937709
- Choose one of the following audio options:
- To use your computer’s audio: When the Webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended. -- OR –
- To use your phone: If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below. United States (Toll-free): 1 877 309 2071 Access Code: 302-176-803 Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
We plan to release a draft of options for consideration prior to the meeting. We look forward to reviewing these options along with others you may have prior to finalizing a report for the Governor.
Please feel free to share this information with anyone you think may be interested.
Washington State Department of Health Medical Marijuana Program
P.O. Box 47852, Olympia, WA 98504
(360) 236-4819 FAX: (360) 236-2901